Are you searching for how to wash hunting clothes? If so, then you are reading the right article.
Hunters may have to stay for a longer time in the bow areas. And soil, dirt, or blood can daub the clothes. So, it would help if you wash your hunting clothes after a specific time.
Here comes the twist. You can’t wash your hunting clothes as you wash your regular wearing. You have to maintain some specific facts while cleaning your hunting clothes.
And in this article, you will get all possible and practical ways of washing your hunting clothes, along with some tips for properly handling the hunting clothes.
When to Wash Your Hunting Clothes?
Hunting clothes, also known as Camo clothes, is essential to your hunting. If you are a newbie or a professional hunter, you need camo clothing to make your hunt more successful and safe.
And you must keep your hunting gear neat and clean also. For that, you don’t need to wash regularly. Also, you can’t wear the same clothing all time without cleaning.
When to clean profoundly depends on the use. If you use your hunting clothes very lightly and get very little dirt, you can wash them every 20 to 30 days after.
But if you are a professional hunter and your hunting gear gets contaminated often, wash your hunting clothes after 10 or 12 days.
How to Wash Hunting Clothes?
It would help if you washed hunting clothes considering some facts in mind. That’s why we show you three affordable and effective processes to clean your hunting gear properly.
Process-1: Washing with Hypo-Allergenic Detergent
You can use any hypo-allergenic detergent or soap to wash your hunting suit. Follow the steps below.
Step-1: Wash with the detergent
First, take your hunting clothes and wash them with any hypo-allergenic detergent or any bar soap that does not have any fragrance or fabric brightener stuff.
You can wash them inside the washing machine or use your hand.
Step-2: Let it Dry out
After washing properly, hang the hunting garment to dry out the water. Here, you can use any typical heat dryer to dry out.
But remember, if your one is the high-profiled Hunting clothes like Sitka fanatic jacket, then d no need to use heat dryer. Hang outside or in the sun to stumble dry.
Process-2: Washing with Any Liquid Detergent
Oh! You can wash your hunting gear or Sitka gear with fragrance-free liquid detergent.
The washing process with liquid detergent is the same as in process-1.
- Wash the clothing using a detergent
- Dry out the water properly
Using a liquid detergent gives more benefits and saves you money because most liquid detergent seems fresh, and there is no fabric softener.
Process-3: Wash Using Baking Soda
Sometimes, you must clean your hunting gear when in the hunting spot. That time you won’t find any washer or washing machine to wash them.
In that case, you can use baking soda. Using baking soda leaves no scent in the fabric and cleans perfectly. To wash with baking soda,
- Clean the clothes with an appropriate amount of baking soda
- Wash it off with cold water
- Hang and let it tumble dry
Many like to use baking soda every time to clean their Sitka hunting clothing. As a result, you won’t have any tension for any scent in the clothes.
Some Tips For Hunting Clothing Maintenance
We have researched different hunting clothes like Sitka, Kuiu, and others. Hunting clothes Sitka is an advanced-type hunting jacket with a sound-suppressed garment.
This type of hunting clothes needs extra maintenance and a proper cleaning process. So here we are giving you some tips to keep your hunting clothes tidy and long-time wearable.
You can do proper maintenance, whether your hunting gear is general or advanced.
Let’s know what these are.
- Always use fresh, clean detergent to wash hunting clothes. Your hunting clothes should be scent-free, even if human scent-free.
Research shows that a deer can smell around 1 to 4 miles or even farther in normal weather circumstances.
So, ensure you are not using any detergent or soap with a fabric softener or conditioner. There are many hunting detergents available. You can use them also.
- Make sure your washing detergent is UV brightener prevented. General fabric detergent uses some stuff to make the cloth look brightener unsuitable for hunting.
When you are a hunter, your wearing should be light, not bright. So, to keep the clothes UV-free, use that type of detergent. And baking soda proved very beneficial in this case.
- Never use any bleaching powder, or never bleach your hunting clothes.
- If your hunting gear is wool or Sitka gear, don’t use a heat dryer to dry it out.
- You can wipe your washing machine from the inside before washing it for hunting clothes. It will help to keep it scent-free.
- Spread some oak leaves with your detergent. Oak leaves help to keep clothes fragrance-free also.
- Never wear your hunting clothes before reaching the hunting spot. It will help to keep the clothes scent-free.
- Some scent-free sprays are available nowadays. You can use them to make yourself and your clothes fragrance-free.
- If your hunting gear is technically advanced, you can also have the DWR(Durable Water Repellent) wash to restore the DWR in the garment. DWR treatment makes the cloth breathable.
Animal hunting is crucial to maintain wildlife along with fulfilling human needs. And the hunters need proper protection and preparation for the next hunt. As a result, hunting clothing plays a vital role here.
To keep your hunting cloth clean and tidy, you must know how to wash hunting clothes. And this article has all the practical ways and some maintenance tips also.